ICF Development Facts:
- Project Description: Rhodipor ICF Sustainable home comprising of two traditional storeys, room in the roof, and a split-level internal retaining wall.
- ICF delivery route: full construction service from foundation level to completion.
- Project Location: Northallerton, North Yorkshire.
ICF Construction Facts:
- Foundations: traditional strip.
- Floors: solid concrete ground floor, TGI flooring to all other floors.
- Walls: 400mm thick
- Finish: render applied directly to the ICF walling with foam stone heads and cills to windows.
- Roof: traditional cut roof on purlins, allowing habitable rooms in the roof.
- Covering: roman pantile
ICF Case study:
Water Disposal: Water is to be re-used through a rainwater harvesting system, whilst all foul water is to be cleaned through a package treatment plant and discharged on to the surrounding land.
Heating: Ground source heating (coils laid into the surrounding land) connected to underfloor heating to all floors, with mechanical heat recovery ventilation throughout.
The low U-value of 0.14 W/m²K Rhodipor Ecobuild walling and the additional green features have allowed the client to apply for an eco-mortgage which has a reduced interest rate.